Berkshire Health Systems COVID-19 Testing Centers Added to Massachusetts Stop the Spread Program
BERKSHIRE COUNTY, MA – Berkshire Health Systems has announced that its three COVID-19 Testing Centers have been added to the state’s Stop the Spread program, expanding community testing and providing free testing for those who qualify under the state program. The centers will also continue to operate as the primary community testing sites for Berkshire Health Systems and have expanded hours to accommodate an estimated additional 1,000 tests per week county-wide.
The Stop the Spread program was created by Governor Charles Baker as a way to provide cost-free surveillance testing for individuals who are asymptomatic and want to be tested for COVID-19. Testing will also continue to be conducted at the three centers for those who symptomatic or had close contact with someone who has tested COVID-19 positive, the cost of which will be covered by the individual’s insurer.
Two of the three BHS Testing Centers are located in an indoor setting, with the third moving indoors on December 17th. The Centers are located in:
- Pittsfield – 505 East St., St Luke’s Square, adjacent to BHS Urgent Care – Open seven days a week from 8:30 am to 4 pm
- North Adams – 98 Church St., next to the North Adams Library – Open seven days a week from 8:30 am to 4 pm
- Great Barrington – Drive-thru tent at 10 Maple Avenue until Thursday, December 17th – Open seven days a week from 8 am to 12 pm
- Great Barrington – Indoor testing site opening at 475 Main St., next to the Great Barrington Police Department – will be open seven days a week from 8 am to 12 pm
- All centers will be closed on Christmas and New Year’s Day
How to Access a BHS Testing Center
Access to COVID-19 testing, either through the Stop the Spread program or for symptomatic testing, is by appointment only. Individuals must call the BHS COVID-19 Hotline, 855-BMC-LINK, or 855-262-5465, which is available daily from 8 am to 4:30 pm.