Invitation to Bid: Town of Clarksburg Pavilion Repair Project
The Town of Clarksburg, acting through its Town Administrator as agent for the Selectboard does hereby request bids from qualified individuals and/or firms.
In compliance with Massachusetts General Law 32B, this solicitation shall comply with a) Prevailing wage requirements and payroll submission requirements, b) Equal Opportunity regulations, c) Workman’s Compensation proof of, and d) Liability Insurance specific to project asset protection, proof of. All other legal requirements not specifically listed will also remain in force and part of the bidders responsibility as per Massachusetts General Laws.
PROSPECTIVE BIDDERS PLEASE BE ADVISED
This project has 3 unique components. Each identified component MAY be bid upon separately, or we will also accept for review, bids on each component separately. Review and award will be based upon the overall aggregate cost by adding the individual components to form an aggregate number, comparing to any received aggregate bid number. The Town of Clarksburg reserves the right to reject any proposal deemed to not be in the Towns best interest.
- Break up (most likely jackhammer) existing concrete slap which forms the floor of said Pavilion. Slab is approximately 6” to 8” thick and is approximately 30’ X 60’ (thirty feet by sixty feet). Remove and properly (legally) dispose of said concrete from site. Contractor shall not damage existing support piers of the structure. Contractor shall both grade and compact the existing materials under the existing concrete slab, and regrade the northern lawn area of approximately 15’ X 70’ (fifteen feet by seventy feet) to achieve positive drainage away from the Pavilion toward the west.
- A drainage receptacle trench 12 inches wide, 12 inches deep shall be dug, lined with a non-woven filter fabric and filled with trap rock and also covered with said fabric, then loamed over to receive water run off from the eave ends of said structure.
- Contractor shall install 6”(six inches) of processed gravel over the newer, now existing subgrade of the Pavilion and compact. Gravel will be graded so no ponding occurs in the pavilion after finish pavement is installed.
- Upon completion of gravel compaction, the entire area under roof cover shall be paved with a 2.5” (two and one half inches) compacted thickness of MASSDOT approved asphalt pavement with a binder/tack course of ½” (one half inch).
- Loam and seed all disturbed areas from paving operations, including access wheel tracks.
We will accept bid for this component in two ways.
- Strip existing asphalt shingle roof from Pavilion structure and dispose of in a responsible, legal manner. Replace and damaged or rotted plywood sheathing and replace with ½” (one half inch) plywood (NOT OSB/Waferboard). Install an ice shield of 2’ (two feet) wide for the length of each eave. Install and asphalt underlayment over the remaining roof. Shingle with a 30 year asphalt shingle and cap.
- Replace any damaged or rotten plywood as described above. Level any low spots with compensatory asphalt shingles and install a standing seam metal roof with a 50 year warrantee.
The Recreation Committee will hold a site visit for interested parties on March 17th, 2022 at 10am Eastern Standard Time
ALL BIDS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY IN A PDF FORMAT, NO EXCEPTIONS NO LATER THAN APRIL 06th, 2022 AT 5PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
QUESTIONS AND/OR BIDS MAY BE SUBMITTED TO: TOWNADMINISTRATOR@CLARKSBURGMA.GOV
THE TOWN OF CLARKSBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND BUYER/PROVIDER OF MUNICIPAL SERVICES.