MOHAWK TRAIL WOODLANDS PARTNERSHIP
Forest-Based Economic Development and Conservation
Standing Committee Meeting Notice
Wed May 19th 2021 - From 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- Virtual/Teleconference only
This will be a Virtual Meeting as allowed by Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker’s Executive Order dated March 12, 2020 suspending certain provision of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c.30 sec.20.
To join the meeting via Zoom:
One-tap mobile or Dial: +1(301) 715-8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 843 0265 6683
Kate Lindroos Conlin, Larry Flaccus, Sheila Kelliher, Robert O’Connor, Alain Peteroy,
- Approval of last meeting notes - 3:30-3:35
- Mission statement as well as naming our priority for the year (see Chair Hank Art memo below) - 3:35-3:50
- Comments/revisions to the MTWP plan (as requested by the Board) - 3:50-4:05
- Planning outreach to towns, etc. regarding Forest Legacy - 4:05-4:10
- Ideas for collaboration with different sub-committees - 4:10-4:15
- Comments / revisions to the conservation standards mentioned by Alain - 4:15-4:22
Model CR for MTWP:
Land Trust Alliance national standards for Land Trusts:
- Any items not anticipated at drafting of agenda – 4:22 – 4:25
- Public comment as needed - 4:25-4:30
From Chair Hank Art – Charge to Committees: Create a draft Mission Statement by defining the mission of the Standing Committee in the context of the Shared Stewardship Agreement and the enabling MA legislation.
- Review the parts of the 2015 and updated 2016 MTWP Plan that are pertinent to the Committee:
- Draft additions, deletions, and revisions that will bring the Plan up to date and into compliance with the MA enabling legislation – which can be found at this link:
- Identify projects and programs that should be recommended to the MTWP Board for approval and further action, including one highest priority for 2021. Other items on the list should be in some sort of priority order or grouping.
- Identify research needs that address the needs of programs under the purview of the Standing Committee. What kinds of data and information are needed, and make suggestions for how that might be provided.
- Consider and indicate the linkages needed between your Standing Committee and other standing committees.
- Make suggestions to the Administrative Agent and Executive Committee about agenda items and information sessions for MTWP Board Meetings